Why Start Martial Arts?
- 7 / 27 / 1967 Anthony Holloway (Birthday)
Sorry but we could not finf any upcoming events. Please feel free to send us your event information to be added to this page.
- 7/27/2016 Think about this:
I hate to approach anything from a negative point of view. But sometimes it's necessary to speak bluntly. To discuss the negative in order to understand the positive.
The simple fact is...there are things that parents sometimes do that lower their child's self-esteem.
The following are self-esteem killers. If a parent intended (heaven forbid!) to lower a child's self-esteem they would:
1. Compare one child with another, especially with siblings
2. Have super high standards; reward only high levels of progress
3. Yell -- a lot!
4. Assume their child really wants, needs, and deserves all of the freedom they are asking for Additionally, they would:
5. Let the child make lots of choices for themselves, especially when they are really young
6. Neglect to follow through; for example, Mom tells her daughter that a certain rule violation will result in certain consequences. Daughter commits the violation. Mom caves in, and doesn't enforce the consequences.
7. Set standards for the kids that Mom & Dad don't hold themselves to
8. When you catch children aspiring, caution them not to set their sights too high
9. Be frugal in spending time with your children
10. Assume they will follow your words, rather than your example
Of course, our job is to turn each of these awful statements into it's opposite. Building your child's self-esteem requires consistent effort. Be diligent, and enjoy the satisfaction of raising a Happy, Healthy, Confident child!
what are you looking for?
- Schools Search for martial art schools.
- instructors martial art instructors
- directory anything you are looking for is here
- Videos great footage of training and styles
- Photos your favorite martial art images
- Who is Who the best of the best and the legends
- Styles everything about your martial art style
- Events looking for an event in your area
- Contact Us have a question or a suggestion?
New Photos Added
New Videos Added
Michael Matsuda speaks to Mike Chat at the 2016 Martial Arts SuperShow
Michael Matsuda speaks to Master Kelly Seif at the 2016 Martial Arts SuperShow
Michael Matsuda speaks to Chuck Cordova at the 2016 Martial Arts SuperShow
Michael Matsuda speaks to John Hackleman at the 2016 Martial Arts SuperShow
Chris Rappold shares a story on giving at the 2016 Martial Arts SuperShow
Chris Rappold talks about the power of "apology" at the 2016 Martial Arts SuperShow
Rule of 3 for challenging students explained by Dave Kovar at the 2016 Martial Arts SuperShow
Benny Urquidez speaks to John Corcoran at the 2016 Martial Arts SuperShow
Benny Urquidez, Pat Johnson, Bill Wallace and Don Rodrigues at the 2016 Martial Arts SuperShow
last 7 days
New Martial Arts Schools: 8
Updates to current schools: 20
New Instructors: 23
Updates to current Instructors: 28
New Photos: 0
New Videos: 0
Want to know more stats like "how many schools" in which country, states, etc.?view all statistics here
We love the martial arts. We love it like we love our children, our freedom, our history. We love the martial arts as much as we love to train, as much as we love the rush of the right technique at exactly the right moment, as much as we love the thrill of a good contest.
At MartialInfo.com we are committed to the entire "village" that is the world of martial arts. We are here for the fighter, the fan, the teacher, the coach, the parents, the traditionalist, the eclectic practitioner, the expert, the novice, the filmmaker, the actor, the celebrity, and the unknown master. We celebrate the diversity of our histories, of our people, of everything that is the best - of - the-best of what we do - and what we are capable of.
We believe that there is something to the study of the martial arts, something beyond the technique, beyond what takes place in the ring - something magical and interesting and important. We respect all methods, and all of the men and women on their own paths, from all the countries, from all the schools, passing down what it is they have learned or are in the process of learning.
We really love the martial arts and this site is dedicated to martial artists everywhere. We think that the martial arts world makes THE WORLD a better, safer, and more interesting place to be. We hope that we are a part of the village that helps you be a better martial artist - and as a result, a better human being."