Why Start Martial Arts?
Benny "The Jet" Biography
- 11 / 26 / 1993 WTF dispatched a 14-member Taekwondo demonstration team to Southeast Asia.
- 11 / 26 / 2005 A statue of Bruce Lee, created by Croatian sculptor Ivan FijolićNov. 26, 2005 A statue of Bruce Lee, created by Croatian sculptor Ivan Fijolić, is unveiled in the city of Mostar in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Located in the City Park of "Zrinjski," the life-sized statue stands 5.5 feet (1.68 meters) tall and is supposed to represent a symbol of solidarity in the ethnically-divided city that has a violent reputation. The statue is the worlds first public monument honoring the late martial arts superstar, with a different statue of him in Hong Kong unveiled one day later.
Days after the statue was placed on permanent display, it was vandalized by a group of rowdy teenagers who defaced the statue and stole the nunchaku, leaving the site littered with wine bottles. Bosniaks and Croats had complained that the statue was a provocation because it faced north toward their area posed in a fighting stance. The sculpture was moved to a more secure location for repairs and never returned to its foundation. It surfaced once again in Zagreb as part of an arts festival. A rumor circulated that it would remain in Zagreb for more necessary repairs. But years later, the Bruce Lee sculpture still hasn't been returned to Mostar. The only thing remaining in the park is the pedestal. The monument to the martial arts legend is now referred to as The Lost Bruce Lee Sculpture of Mostar.
- 11/26/1971 Shawn Salafia
- 11/26/1982 Tinus Engelbrecht
- 11/26/1956 Kim Yee
- 11/26/1971 Craig Mansfield
- 11/26/1957 Herb Schmieder
- 11/26/1966 Steven Buck
- 11/26/1948 Larry Smith
- 11/26/1961 Robert Teodorczy
- 11/26/1966 Master Javier Gil
- 11/26/1961 Robert Teodorczy
- 11/26/1962 Alfred Urquidez
- 11/26/1972 Danny Christian
Tuesday, July 05, 2016
Martial Arts SuperShow (NV USA)
what are you looking for?
- Schools Search for martial art schools.
- instructors martial art instructors
- directory anything you are looking for is here
- Videos great footage of training and styles
- Photos your favorite martial art images
- Who is Who the best of the best and the legends
- Styles everything about your martial art style
- Events looking for an event in your area
- Contact Us have a question or a suggestion?
New Photos Added
New Videos Added
Students Compete at Tournament
Improve your Speed, Flexibility, Timing, and Strength. Learn Taekwondo!
Regular Kids that become Extraordinary!
Tommy Gong speaks at Bruce Lee 75th Birthday Celebration
Great Lover of the Martial Arts: An Interview with Dana Stamos
Sensei Benny Urquidez talks about Rigan Machado
Richard Norton talks about Rigan Machado
Sasha Mitchell talks about Rigan Machado
Rigan Machado at the Martial Arts History Museum
last 7 days
New Martial Arts Schools: 4
Updates to current schools: 9
New Instructors: 3
Updates to current Instructors: 23
New Photos: 0
New Videos: 0
Want to know more stats like "how many schools" in which country, states, etc.?view all statistics here
We love the martial arts. We love it like we love our children, our freedom, our history. We love the martial arts as much as we love to train, as much as we love the rush of the right technique at exactly the right moment, as much as we love the thrill of a good contest.
At MartialInfo.com we are committed to the entire "village" that is the world of martial arts. We are here for the fighter, the fan, the teacher, the coach, the parents, the traditionalist, the eclectic practitioner, the expert, the novice, the filmmaker, the actor, the celebrity, and the unknown master. We celebrate the diversity of our histories, of our people, of everything that is the best - of - the-best of what we do - and what we are capable of.
We believe that there is something to the study of the martial arts, something beyond the technique, beyond what takes place in the ring - something magical and interesting and important. We respect all methods, and all of the men and women on their own paths, from all the countries, from all the schools, passing down what it is they have learned or are in the process of learning.
We really love the martial arts and this site is dedicated to martial artists everywhere. We think that the martial arts world makes THE WORLD a better, safer, and more interesting place to be. We hope that we are a part of the village that helps you be a better martial artist - and as a result, a better human being."